I can’t think about any recipe I’ve made these days that’s given me as a great deal angst as Mashed Cauliflower. See, i really like cauliflower. Cooked nearly besides and uncooked, too. And i like my One Pot Mash in the Pan instantaneous Pot Cauliflower Rice. So after I started out hearing about Mashed Cauliflower as a decrease carb alternative to Mashed Potatoes I simply knew I would really like it! I jumped on it. and i hated it. It wasn’t till I began combining the Mashed Cauliflower with Parmesan cheese for Parmesan Mashed Cauliflower that I commenced to find it irresistible.
the difficulty with the mashed cauliflower recipes that i was attempting wasn’t so much the flavor (despite the fact that they were especially bland) it turned into the feel. Cauliflower, it turns out, is so wet that when it’s pureed has a completely light, smooth texture. It seemed fabulous in all the snap shots I noticed however it became like consuming a completely moist infant meals. It become like consuming a cheap cauliflower flavored applesauce. And processing it less simply made chunky moist infant meals!
- 1 head of cauliflower, cored and cut into 3″ florets
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Kraft Parmesan Cheese (in the green can)
- roasted garlic or garlic powder to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon powder)
- salt and pepper to taste
- melted butter to taste, optional
- chives or green onion as garnish, optional but highly recommended
- Set a steamer rack in the bottom of a large pan, add water and bring to a boil. Add cauliflower and lid and steam 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender when pierced with the tip of a knife.
For Instant Pot:
- Place rack in the bottom of the Instant Pot, add one cup water. Add cauliflower, trying not to pile up on the sides, no need to be perfect. Seal and set to High Pressure, 4 minutes. Quick release, check that the cauliflower is tender when pierced with the tip of a knife.
- For both methods, drain cauliflower well. Add to a food processor, working in batches if necessary, and process to a puree. Place in a bowl and stir in Parmesan cheese, salt & pepper, and garlic or garlic powder, if using. Drizzle with melted butter and garnish with green onions or chives.