Easy Boston Cream Poke Cake
- 1 box yellow butter recipe cake mix & ingredients to make
- 2 small boxes French Vanilla instant pudding
- 1 tub chocolate frosting or chocolate ganache Recipe below
Visit recipe :
- Bake cake as directed on the box in a 9×13 baking pan.
- Prepare the pudding as directed on the box.
- While the cake is still warm, use the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes randomly through the cake about an inch apart.
- Spread the pudding over the cake, pushing it into the holes.
- Refrigerate for 1 1/2 – 2 hours.
- Remove the lid and seal from the frosting and microwave for 15-20 second intervals, stirring in between each interval, until the frosting can be poured, but not bubbling.
- Spread the frosting over the cake and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
For home-made Chocolate Ganache Frosting:
8 oz (1/2 lb or 1 1/3 cup of ) semi-sweet chocolate chips1 cup heavy whipping creamNote: If you want more ganache, use the full 12 oz bag and 12 oz (1 1/2 cups) of whipping cream.
Combine chocolate and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 2 minutes and stir. Heat for an additional 1-2 minutes or until chocolate is fully melted and whisk until well incorporated and velvety. Wait about 5-10 minutes before adding it top of pudding on cake.
The ganache will thicken as it cools. When it’s completely cool, it will be thick and fudgy. You can reheat it to achieve your desired consistency.