This recipe starts with boneless and skinless hen that is burned in a pan until it’s miles light brown, which adds flavor, before baking it within the oven.
the entirety is flavored with a sweet, highly spiced and sharp firecracker sauce! Firecrackers are a simple combination of highly spiced sauce (or chili sauce) and brown sugar (or honey) along with a hint of cider vinegar and garlic.
After the chicken is transferred to the oven for baking, the sauce is dipped within the sauce several times before being served doused with the last sauce! This roasted firecrackers are very tasty on their very own or served on rice. permit’s try roasted firecrackers.
- 1/2 cup hot/chili sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot or Sriracha)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the hot sauce, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and chili pepper flakes in a small saucepan until the sugar has melted into the sauce.
- Heat the oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, season the chicken with the salt and pepper, add to the pan and brown, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a preheated 400 F/200 C oven and bake until the chicken is cooked, about 10-15 minutes, basting with the sauce every 5 minutes.
- Enjoy with the remaining sauce!